[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setting nfsmapid_domain

Martyn Klassen mklassen at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Nov 4 14:52:12 UTC 2011

I am trying to configuring an NFS client to mount from a server which has been configure with an NFS domain 'company' and over which I have no control, i.e. I cannot change the NFS domain. This is of course not the DNS domain name, so everything mounts belonging to 'nobody' and when I try to explicitly set the nfsmapid_domain sharectl complains that is an invalid domain

# sharectl set -p nfsmapid_domain=company nfs
Could not set property nfsmapid_domain: bad property value

Apparently it wants something that looks like domain name by having at least one period, e.g. 'company.com'

Is there a way to force the system to use a none standard NFS mapid domain?

Martyn