[OpenIndiana-discuss] Memory drains away....

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Fri Nov 4 17:50:40 UTC 2011

Yeah, for a period I had the system gobble up vast amounts of RAM while
running Virtualbox. I tried capping the ARC (in some config file I
believe, can't remember) but that didn't help. In the end I discovered
that this happened when the virtual machines did network intensive tasks
over a NAT connection and the problems disappeared when I switched to
bridged networking. I filed a bug report and the Virtualbox team fixed
the bug in version 3.2.12.