[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenOffice on oi151a

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Fri Nov 4 18:18:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 18:04 +0100, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> where would I find the packages of OpenOffice for OpenIndiana?
> I installed the Solaris downloadable from openoffice.org

That's interesting. OpenOffice is in http://pkg.openindiana.org/legacy/,
but there it's at 3.1.0, whereas the one at openoffice.org is at 3.3.0.

Given that the effort to port LibreOffice to OpenIndiana has stalled, OI
should provide OpenOffice 3.3.0 (modified to fix the problem you ran
into) in an IPS repo.

I have heard bad things about LibreOffice. OI probably shouldn't bother
with LibreOffice until it gets more manpower.