[OpenIndiana-discuss] server power cycling at very predictable moments

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Sun Nov 6 00:20:47 UTC 2011

On 11/4/11 12:18 PM, Daniel Kjar wrote:
> The oracle board is down so I thought I would throw this out here...
> every two weeks at 3:20AM my x2200 powercycles.
>
> Oct  7 03:21:44 bio2 genunix: [ID 540533 kern.notice] ^MSunOS Release
> 5.10 Version Generic_144501-19 64-bit
> Oct 21 03:21:48 bio2 genunix: [ID 540533 kern.notice] ^MSunOS Release
> 5.10 Version Generic_147441-03 64-bit
> Nov  4 03:21:51 bio2 genunix: [ID 540533 kern.notice] ^MSunOS Release
> 5.10 Version Generic_147441-04 64-bit

Note that the kernel's version number is changing each time.  I suspect
this is caused by an automated installer that is enabled on this system.
 I don't know what they might be calling it these days, but there was a
product called "Sun Update Manager" that would do this sort of thing.

Since this is S10 (rather than OpenIndiana or even OpenSolaris), you
might want to look into that.