[OpenIndiana-discuss] XtreemeFS on Openindiana

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Nov 8 12:33:45 UTC 2011

Paolo Marcheschi wrote:
> Hi
> With the help of Michael Berlin from the Project, I built the client,
> but now I have some issue with fuse.
> The client seems to work, but it fails when it passes control to
> fuse:
> http://pastie.org/2829843
>
> to get more info I trussed it:
> http://pastie.org/2829859

Neither seems to reveal much about the problem.  It's a SEGV, so it's an
application internal error (bug) of some sort.

The best bet, rather than truss, would be to get it under a debugger.
If you have a core file, at least try doing a "pstack" on the core file
itself.  Or use mdb and the "$c" command to print a stack trace.  And
show the result to the developer of the code -- he's likely the only one
who can diagnose the problem correctly.