[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenOffice on oi151a

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:56:08 UTC 2011

I've had the recent puzzling issue while trying to config libreoffice
bootstrap 3.4.4.2 for compilation:

$ CC=cc PYTHON_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/python2.6" ./configure
--with-jdk-home=/usr/jdk/latest
--with-junit=/usr/share/lib/java/junit.jar --disable-mozilla
--disable-odk --enable-binfilter --with-ant-home=/usr/local/ant
*
*   Running LibreOffice build configuration.
*

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/ggrep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/ggrep -E
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for bash... /usr/bin/bash
checking for GNU or BSD tar... gtar
checking for solenv environment... default
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
checking for gtar... /usr/bin/gtar
checking the Solaris operating system release... ok (11)
checking the processor type... ok (i386)
checking whether to enable crashdump feature... no
checking whether to turn warnings to errors... no
checking whether to do a debug build... no
checking whether to build with additional debug utilities... no, full
product build
checking whether to include symbols... no
checking whether to strip the solver or not.... yes
checking whether to enable native cups support... yes
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for cupsPrintFiles in -lcups... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking cups/cups.h usability... yes
checking cups/cups.h presence... yes
checking for cups/cups.h... yes
checking whether to enable fontconfig support... yes
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking whether to enable filters for legacy binary file formats
(StarOffice 5.2)... yes
checking whether to use RPATH in shared libraries... yes
checking whether to include MySpell dictionaries... yes
checking whether to use dicts from external paths... no
checking gcc home... /usr
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) no
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking for cc... /opt/sunstudio12.1/prod/bin/cc
checking whether to enable pch feature... no
checking for GNU make... gmake
checking the GNU make version... gmake 3.81
checking for cc... /opt/sunstudio12.1/prod/bin/cc
checking the SunStudio C/C++ compiler version... configure: error:
found version "5.10", use version 5.5, 5.7, 5.8 or 5.9 of the
SunStudio C/C++ compiler

According to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/training/index-jsp-141991.html,
this would entail installing the 2007 release of Oracle Solaris Studio
(nee Sun Studio) 12. However, I don't recall having come across this
when I was trying to compile 3.3. I supposed I could install 12u1 but
I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this before before I go
down that path...?

-Gary