[OpenIndiana-discuss] is the newly released orac-sol 11 an advance compared to oi?

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Nov 10 19:09:27 UTC 2011

First thing I noticed when I tried to install it on my blade1000 was
that support for ultrasparc III is now gone.  Won't even let you
install.  All of my remaining systems are going to OI when my support
contract runs out (and they are x86).

On 11/10/11 02:06 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Too much a noob to be able to figure this out for myself.
>
> I see what appears to be a serious lot of new stuff in release notes
> of oracle-solaris 11.
>
> Can anyone compare that new OS with oi espeically considering the
> usage being a home nas.  (So maybe not needing many of the sol 11
> enhancements but still curious if sol 11 has outstripped oi overall)

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson