[OpenIndiana-discuss] nfs4 both server and client

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Nov 12 04:30:31 UTC 2011

Can someone point me to a full description of how to setup nfs4?

Googling finds so much stuff, a lot of it is either dated or maybe for
a different flavor of solaris.

I don't know enough to know if the setup for nfs4 is generic to all
flavors or what.  But surely there must be documentation that is
designed to take from zero to a working nfs4 setup.

Just a few works about my setup and  what I'm shooting for here:

Scale: Very small... a single user on both ends.
The setup is a home lan but for the most part only one user on both
ends.

I have taken care to ensure that user on both ends have the same
numeric uid and gid.

Openindian to be both server and client, Debian linux to be both
server and client.

oi will be exporting its zfs filesystems as a place to do project work
with the advantages of zfs snapshots. and etc.

oi will be mounting several directories from the debian machine that
contain resources of various kinds.

debian will be mounting the zfs file systems from oi

debian will be exporting several directories of various resources to be
mounted on oi.