[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where can I find a full Walk thru setting up nfs4 from scratch

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Nov 16 15:00:28 UTC 2011

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

[...]

> When I start to edit /etc/default/nfs as described in some of the
> directions I've found I see:
>
>   # Moved to SMF. Use sharectl(1M) to manage NFS properties.

Ditto for /etc/default/autofs

But when I go to man sharectl, there is no mention whatever of autofs.

Looking at the status

  sharectl status autofs
   autofs  online client

Are there specific setting that autofs needs to be started with?  In
my case automounts would involve nfs shares being offered by a linux server
and smb (cifs) shares being offered by several windows platforms.