[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3x LSI 9211-8i controllers + direct attach backplane -- appear as on controller

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:27:04 UTC 2011

On 17/11/11 06:50 AM, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Looks like it needs to go into /kernel/drv/mpt_sas.conf
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Jason J. W. Williams<
> jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Rich<rercola at acm.jhu.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> That is indeed the expected behavior, speaking as someone with many
>>> 92xx controllers in Supermicro machines with mpxio enabled. :)
>>

>> Interestingly mpxio-disable="yes" in /kernel/drv/mpt.conf

mpt_sas was designed to have MPxIO enabled by default, since
it's a 2nd generation SAS controller. mpt was designed in the
days when parallel scsi was the norm (and still supports parallel
scsi) so its default is what you think you should be seeing.

IF you must turn off MPxIO (and apart from "I don't understand
it therefore it must be bad" I don't know why you really would)
then *please* use /usr/sbin/stmsboot to do so.

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog