[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any way to force modunload for smbsrv?

Lucas Van Tol catseyev9 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:14:11 UTC 2011

I wanted to try and unload/reload the smbsrv driver, to replace it with a new binary on OI 148/151; but I can't modunload just says that it's busy.
This happens even though I've disabled all of the smb server/client /idmap services.

sudo modunload -i $(modinfo | grep smbsrv | awk '{print $1}')
Password:
can't unload the module: Device busy

Is there any way I can force this to unload via 'mdb' or something; or will it require a reboot to update the smbsrv driver?

-Lucas Van Tol