[OpenIndiana-discuss] replacement DVD drive

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 18:57:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

My sata DVD drive failed so I could not insert nor read any disks. I
replaced the failed unit with a Samsung DVD drive which appears to work
fine. My problem is that since replacing my DVD drive running VLC now
produces a video picture which shows multiple vertical green lines and
the rest of the image appears it is being viewed in a snow storm.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be gratefully received.