[OpenIndiana-discuss] DELL E6520

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:12:35 UTC 2011

Na, I'm not looking like that ... we buy DELL for most of ours because
most people use Windows (Yuck!) ...

but I work in IT so they come in here first.

I know that the Ethernet card will work (looked through the forums) if
I get the updated e1000g driver, and the Wifi might be possible to get
working similarly ...

all the devices are Intel, which is generally good for compatibility,
unfortunately they're the latest generation of said devices.

Ubuntu runs well on the new laptop. I don't like Ubuntu's new
Interface, and I want to keep using a Solaris (preferably _free_ as in
Open) ... especially since everyone else in IT now uses Ubuntu and if
_I_ switch then it will basically mean the death of Solaris in the
building.

Jon