[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3x LSI 9211-8i controllers + direct attach backplane -- appear as on controller

Mark mark0x01 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:43:24 UTC 2011

On 19/11/2011 4:52 p.m., Rich wrote:
> I bet you $50 you can use sas2ircu on the IT firmware, particularly
> with the locate command.
>
> [Don't take the bet; if you do, I'll link you to a private github repo
> with some code that does it, and my PayPal account.]
>
> - Rich

Hi Rich,

Locate is possible, but the "application"  isn't in the OS yet.

It was a while ago when I had was no ses device with IT f/w P8.
I did find an LSI kb article saying it wasn't implemented yet.

Mind you, I thought I was having multipath issues with this gremlin at
the time.
http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16414.aspx

I see there is now a p11 out, so it may need an upgrade and try again.

I see that the latest sg3_utils now has a locate cmd, so it may be time
to compile a newer one again and try it.

Mark.