[OpenIndiana-discuss] some problem with oi151a

darkblue darkblue2000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:40:35 UTC 2011

hi,
I am a newbie with oi.
 today, I installed oi151a on my workstation with oi151a-x86.iso(dvd)  and
encounter some problem.

1. does it 32bit or 64bit?
After finished installation, I issue "uanme -a", it display:
SunOS oi-151 5.11 oi_151a i86pc i386 i86pc

does this mean the DVD installer choose the 32bit version?
but curiously, when issue "top", the os could see all the RAM(16G)

2.
my oi-151 hang on boot, when I follow the above link tutor, failed to show
the boot process, why?
I edited the kernel line to such as:
kernel= xxx   -v -m verbose
then press enter, and b
what I can see is the picture which right bottom corner is "Powered by
illumo"