[OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel P67 Express Chipset and mixed(random) system hangs ???

Svavar Örn Eysteinsson svavar at fiton.is
Tue Nov 22 14:21:23 UTC 2011

Thank you so much for that.
I will definitely try that option and restart the server.

I read the bug #1333 and issued some commands that the users where doing.

Firstly, my power.conf looks like this :

device-dependency-property removable-media /dev/fb
autopm            default
autoS3            default
cpu-threshold        1s
S3-support        enable
# Auto-Shutdown        Idle(min)    Start/Finish(hh:mm)    Behavior
autoshutdown        30        9:00 9:00        noshutdown
cpupm  enable

I have not changed a bit in that file, just defaults.

echo apic_timer::print apic_timer_t | sudo mdb -k
{
     mode = 0x2
     apic_timer_enable_ops = deadline_timer_enable
     apic_timer_disable_ops = deadline_timer_disable
     apic_timer_reprogram_ops = deadline_timer_reprogram
}

mpstat 5 5 will show me : http://www.pastie.org/2903376
powertop shows : http://www.pastie.org/2903386

dtrace -n "apix_do_interrupt:entry/cpu==0/ { @a[stack()]=count()} END {
trunc(@a, 3); }" -c "sleep 10"
will show me : http://www.pastie.org/2903457

Any Horror or good stories about Realtek (rge) driver ?
just asking, as the rge driver is used on the server (as it has Realtek
8111E Gigabit Controller).

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Svavar Orn