[OpenIndiana-discuss] Disable DHCP on a IPv6 configuration

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Wed Nov 23 13:28:58 UTC 2011

Hi

I am in the process of setting up IPv6 for some servers running
OpenIndiana. Each server/zone has it's own IPv6 address which is
configured statically in /etc/hostname6.<nic> such as:

    addif dead:beef:1000::11/64 up

A default gateway has been set up with the "route" command:

    route -p add -inet6 default dead:beef:1000::1

However, when I have restarted the server (just to make sure
everything works fine) I can see the interface I have configured the
address for has a active dhcpagent:

    # ifconfig net0 inet6 dhcp status
    Interface  State         Sent  Recv  Declined  Flags
    net0       SELECTING        9     0         0  [V6]

This is even though I haven't configured it to use DHCP in any way.
How can I disable this?

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)