[OpenIndiana-discuss] question : updating

drsgrid drs.grid at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:58:05 UTC 2011

Um I was trying to fool atound with time slider and want to make sure u
have the latest version of OI, but in the pkg manager (Package Manager 5.11
(oi_148))   when i hit "updates" it errors out saying :

<begin>
Preparing...
Ensuring Package Manager is up to date...
Refreshing catalog openindiana.org
Refreshing catalog opensolaris.org
Finished refreshing catalog opensolaris.org
Gathering package information

Error:
This is an Live Image. The install operation can't be performed.
<end>

This is a full on OS not running off of a CD so donr know why im gettign
this message but am pretty worried as we have a ton of data on this box.

I recall some time ago a problem with the pkg manager and that the "update"
had to be done on the command line but i forgot how to do this - any help
would be greatly appreciated.