[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi151 clean install - root role problem

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:36:47 UTC 2011

On 27/11/2011, at 10:08 PM, Chris Bünger wrote:

> I think your User has to have the profile "Primary Administrator" in
> /etc/user_attr.

This still didn't help. But again, setting the root user password with `sudo passwd root` enables me to authenticate to the root role using that root password. (not my user password, as I would use with sudo).

Any reason why the installer would not give the "Primary Administrator" profile to the first user on the machine? If the first user can't do it, who can?

If it wasn't for sudo, you'd have to boot into single mode to change anything!

-Matt