[OpenIndiana-discuss] post-boot hang

Carlos Almeida xtrondo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:32:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Matt Connolly
<matt.connolly.au at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> Has anyone else seen this sort of problem with KVM?

 yes, however my hardware is different, I was testing kvm on OpenIndiana on
several machines and have "exactly" the same problem on my case it was the
cpu, with i7-2600 on an Intel motherboard  I had that problem,  but if I
change to i7-2600K on exactly same hardware the problem goes away, so it
must be some of the extensions available with i7-2600 that causes the
problem, e,g, with i7-2600 vt-d will be enable while with the K version
not, I try disable vt-d on the bios while using I7-2600, but also hangs, I
really suspect it was an extension available in i7-2600 that doesn't exist
on i7-2600k that causes the problem, I test i7-2600 on several different
motherboards getting always the hang issue when installing "kvm" package.

Regards,
  CA,