[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell R510 SAS2 Backplane with SAS2008 (PERC H200)

Andy Lubel alubel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:17:16 UTC 2011

I have a feeling that my culprit here could be the disks: ST2000NM0001.
 But its strange because again, everything works just fine in Solaris 10,
but in OI/Sol11 I get the errors.

I have tried muddling with
stmsboot -d
/kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf
/kernel/drv/mpt.conf
/kernel/drv/mpt_sas.conf

To no avail..  I'm working on getting new drives to try out, but it still
leaves some questions as to why this would work in solaris 10 and not in
the newer better IO/Sol11.  Any further ideas would really help!

link to drives (dell branded, latest FW):
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?name=st2000nm0001-constellation-es-sas-6gbs-2-tb-hd&vgnextoid=22eb82388ec0e210VgnVCM1000001a48090aRCRD&locale=en-US&pf=1

-Andy