[OpenIndiana-discuss] zfs timeslider backup to external

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Oct 6 14:32:57 UTC 2011

Quick question.... anybody have any luck with this?  I have an external
array of drives that I mounted as a zpool.  I then pointed timeslider to
that mount for external backups.  Timeslider made the appropriate
folders but when I go into the <hostname> folder there is nothing there
and no space is being taken up on the disk.  The pools being snapshotted
are around 1 terabyte and the size of the array is about 2.  Timeslider
tells me it would like 3.4 tbs but do I want to do it anyway?  I say yes
but it does nothing.

Is this just because space is limited? or is something broken?