[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS problem hangs machine

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Sat Oct 8 15:10:56 UTC 2011

It looks like there was some process or change with the smb service that
wasn't happy until it had received another reboot.

It crosses my mind that if smb wasn't happy ... might this have caused an
upset with zfs because one of the pools is shared via smb?

Incidentally, it looks like backup has transferred 624G and is still running
so it is well beyond the 200-ish G when it froze.

I really hope that the R620 is supported at some point. It would halve this
backup transfer time.