[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Oct 9 18:43:27 UTC 2011

On 10/ 9/11 11:37 AM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> I haven't looked in recent years, but the last time I did look, port 25,
> not port 80, was responsible for the lions share of Internet traffic.

I don't think that's been true for many years.   Last I heard, YouTube &
Netflix dominated the bandwidth.

> I personally much, much prefer mlm's because its a push, rather than
> pull medium.  Once I'm subscribed to a list, everything is there in my
> inbox.  The problem might be finding it, but that's another problem.
> Modern MLM's, e.g. Mailman, typically sport searchable web archives as
> well for those desiring pull medium.

That's why I participate actively in dozens of mailing lists, but don't
have time to around checking dozens of forum sites.   The only forum-like
site I really stay involved with is the StackOverflow family, but that's
mainly via monitoring various tags there via RSS feeds in Thunderbird.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com