[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Tobias Famulla ebay at famulla.eu
Mon Oct 10 22:55:44 UTC 2011

Sorry, but i don't really see the point.

Of course OS is different to Linux or BSD, but there are also
differences between them.
If you change from Windows or even Mac OS to a posix-like system the
difference might be the largest, but there are a lot of people who use
Linux on their notebooks or PCs.

If I want to run a server on OpenIndiana, because I want to use ZFS and
Zones, because they fit my needs, I only want a source, where I find the
information, how to partition the system, how to build a pool, how to
install a postgresql-server or something like that.

I think if you have a good documentation and/or wiki and a possibility
to communicate to the experts in a not to complicated way, the users
will use OI if it fits their needs.

Because OI might also not have the same use-cases than ubuntu, a
newsgroup-server or a maillinglist might be fine.

Tobias