[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Oct 11 00:32:40 UTC 2011

Ok, I suppose most Linux users don't know that they're using Linux?  Maybe that's true for Android, not for anything else.

So I don't see the point of your point.  Yes, gramma and her email-and-surf probably doesn't give a hoot _what_ she's using, as long as it's cheap (so she doesn't have to eat cat food), easy (so she doesn't have to bug the grandkids to help), and it works.  I got that.  Big deal.  Me, I want gramma to grow a pair or eat cat food.  But then I'm spoiled, the only relative I have to deal with would have the plug pulled on them before they'd refuse to learn something new.

Anyone to whom Linux familiarity is an issue, probably knows what they're using.  So I still don't see your point.  Mine was that something easy to use could be based in part on BSD for all anyone cared.  Heck, maybe we're both making the same point from opposite sides.