[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Oct 11 00:35:57 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 08:29 AM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> Richard, you continue to miss the point.  This isn't about you (OS) vs me
> (linux).  I would wager that for every opensolaris user there are at least
> 10 linux users.  Getting them to use OS (which is better in many ways,
> granted), making the environment more familiar is essential, IMO.  You are
> of course, free to disagree.  Just saying, I've been through this before...

GNU userland is already available in a big way with Nexenta and partly
available in OpenIndiana. GNU awk, GNU tar, gcc, GNU make, yada yada.

But if you want to change the way things are done in /etc, please go
elsewhere. Even in Linux land, things are in a big flux at the moment
with /etc although certain things like network configuration are not
changing but distro differ from distro in things like that. I don't see
a problem with OpenIndiana differing too.