[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Oct 11 00:42:15 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 08:32 AM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> Quite true.  At this point, though, the admin space is the issue.

I come from a Linux background with my experience being done on Redhat
Linux, Fedora, Centos and Ubuntu. I have also worked on FreeBSD and
OpenBSD. I do not see a problem in the admin space. You can get various
GNU tools on OpenIndiana. As for configuration files, they differ from
distro to distro so you cannot even claim admin space familiarity in
Linux space because there is no single admin environment. Other than
that, everybody has to deal with different layouts for configuration
files for the daemons in common be they apache, BIND, ntpd, nfsd.

If you cannot be bothered to learn like the rest of us who came over
from Linux space, then please stop bothering us.