[OpenIndiana-discuss] Seeking ffmpeg with librtmp and lame compiled in, for OI b148

Charles Seeger seeger at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 13 04:03:04 UTC 2011

+------ "Hans J. Albertsson" wrote (Wed, 12-Oct-2011, 21:22 +0200):

| Does anyone out there have a ready-compiled ffmpeg of very recent date
| that includes rtmp and lame support compiled in, i e linked to librtmp
| and liblame?

Sorry, no help with these binaries.

| I can't seem to get the downloadable sources to play ball properly.

FWIW, this worked for ffmpeg-0.8.5 on S11 Express (gcc 3.4.2, gmake 3.81):

	#! /bin/sh
	PATH=`getconf PATH`:${PATH}
	export PATH

	bash ./configure                            \
		--cc=gcc                            \
		--disable-yasm                      \
		--extra-libs=/usr/lib/values-xpg6.o

'gmake check' appeared to be working until this failure:

	diff: tests/data/regression/lavfi/pixfmts_copy_le: No such file or directory
	gmake: *** [fate-lavfi-pixfmts_copy_le] Error 2

Which may or may not be a bug with the build and test harness.
I haven't investigated any further.  The fix might be as simple
as putting /usr/xpg4/bin before /usr/bin in PATH.

However, it does complain about compiler bugs at runtime:

	Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
	and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
	but in the compiler. You may try recompiling using gcc >= 4.2.
	Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

I have only used ffplay with a couple of .flv files thusfar, so I can't
vouch for this build beyond that.

HTH.
Chuck