[OpenIndiana-discuss] new desktop configuration

yudi v yudi.tux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:52:59 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am building a new desktop, this will be my main production system.  I was
hoping to use ZFS and openindiana seems like a good option. I noticed that
there is no stable release yet.

I even considered freeBSD with ZFS, there seems to be some performance issue
with ZFS, http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=26254&highlight=zfs

Is it a good idea to use openindiiana for a production desktop? I am
currently using a Debian system. I have never used solaris systems.  Is it
advisable to move to a solaris platform for a desktop.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi