[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh sessions timing out?

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Thu Oct 13 17:37:56 UTC 2011

Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> no joy.  the manual commands certainly got rid of the two inet6
> entries.  bouncing nwam brought them right back.  is there something in
> the  ncp-Automatic.conf file that would accomplish the same effect?  i
> thought i found something via google, but that sent me to a broken
> oracle page :(

Dunno.  I haven't used NWAM in quite a while.  Generally, it just does
what it thinks is best, and trying to "tune" its behavior is (at least
for me) an exercise in frustration.  If you don't like it, disable it,
and switch back to manual control.  (It's was originally designed
primarily for laptops.  Yes, quite a few of us at Sun ran Solaris on
laptops.)

One option might be trying to contact the project team at
nwam-discuss at opensolaris.org, or by searching around for the project
lead, Renee Sommerfeld (nee Danson).