[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with vboxnet0 interface

Ron Parker rdparker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:12:25 UTC 2011

I am moving some VM's from a Linux host to OpenIndiana 151a. They all
have 1 NAT interface and one host-only. My problem is that I cannot
connect to them from the host, nor can the client's connect to the
host. Running 'dladm show-phys' displays my vboxnet0, but it did not
show up in 'ifconfig -a'.

After a 'ipadm create-if vboxnet0', it shows up in ifconfig's output
and I was able to assign it an IP, but it still cannot communicate
with the clients. I expected that vboxnet0 would just show up and work
as it had under Linux (unless there is some long-forgotten step I took
to get it working there).

--
Ron