[OpenIndiana-discuss] desktop (dvd) iso will not boot in virtual box

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Oct 19 19:09:07 UTC 2011

I installed the server iso 151a with no problems recently, but today
trying to install from the desktop (dvd) iso, downloaded from oi home
page. I am unable to boot from that iso at all.

I thought perhaps the download had guffed up the iso so downloadeded
it again.  But still it will not boot and in the exact same
circumstances the server (dvd) iso will.

These are:
   oi-dev-151a-text-x86.iso    (server)
   oi-dev-151a-x86.iso         (desktop)

The server file is from a couple of days ago, but the desktop version
is from today.