[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Alias/Multiple connections

Jonathan Leafty jleafty+openindianadiscuss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:48:24 UTC 2011

No they're just set up in DNS.  After b134 (any flavor, OpenSolaris, Solaris
11 Express) it won't accept CIFS connections to DNS aliases.

Windows 2008 is the same way, but you can flip a registry setting to let SMB
Connections come in on DNS Aliases even if its not set as a SPN alias (the
more proper way).

Which brings me to another problem.  I can't authenticate against the actual
AD SPN/Hostname, I get access denied.  But I believe I've seen a bug report
about it.  I can go to \\hostname, but not \\hostname.fqdn  if I had a DNS
alias as a SPN alias, it will do the same.  I haven't packet sniffed yet, as
its not a huge issue and since there was a bug report.

PS I've deleted and re-added the machine back to the domain too.