[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with high cpu load (oi_151a)

Rennie Allen rennieallen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:22:31 UTC 2011

Try the following script, which will identify any drivers with high
interrupt load

---------------------
#!/usr/sbin/dtrace -s

sdt:::interrupt-start { self->ts = vtimestamp; }
sdt:::interrupt-complete
/self->ts && arg0 != 0/
{
        this->devi = (struct dev_info *)arg0;
        self->name = this->devi != 0 ?
            stringof(`devnamesp[this->devi->devi_major].dn_name) : "?";
        this->inst = this->devi != 0 ? this->devi->devi_instance : 0;
        @num[self->name, this->inst] = sum(vtimestamp - self->ts);
        self->name = 0;
}
sdt:::interrupt-complete { self->ts = 0; }
dtrace:::END
{
        printf("%11s    %16s\n", "DEVICE", "TIME (ns)");
        printa("%10s%-3d %@16d\n", @num);
}