[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with high cpu load (oi_151a)

Gernot Wolf gw.inet at chello.at
Thu Oct 20 18:57:26 UTC 2011

As far as I was able to understand the output of my initial diagnostic
commands, it's indeed the kernel that causes the cpu load.

I've attached the dtrace results, as they are rather lengthy. I've run
each of them a couple of seconds. What got my attention on the first
glance (as far as I'm able to understand anything of these figures), was
that "acpi" showed up a lot in the output of the second dtrace command.

As Steve already pointed out, the lockstat results also showed acpi
debug tracing functions. Which isn't the case when I run the lockstat on
the OI box at my office.

Can the power supply have anything to do with all of this? I had to
replace it a few days ago, because the old one had a meltdown...

Regards,
Gernot Wolf