[OpenIndiana-discuss] cleaning out stale entries in zpool cache

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Oct 21 20:26:21 UTC 2011

So some time in the past, I had an issue with my tank pool.  Got it all
squared away and everything is fine.  Except that 'zpool import' with no
arguments says:

root at nas:/etc/zfs# zpool import

  pool: tank

    id: 2892264051913514813

 state: FAULTED

status: The pool metadata is corrupted.

action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.

config:

        tank                         FAULTED  corrupted data

          raidz1-0                   ONLINE

            c0t50014EE204411A53d0p0  ONLINE

            c0t50014EE0ABCEE0A9d0    ONLINE

            c0t50014EE0AC01D8EDd0    ONLINE

            c0t50014EE2AEDF7498d0p0  ONLINE

            c0t50014EE2AEDF73CEd0    ONLINE

Is there a way to flush this old entry?  I guess it's harmless, but ...