[OpenIndiana-discuss] About auto snapshots

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Oct 21 23:39:20 UTC 2011

I've just recently installed oi 151.  I've enabled auto snapshot in
the desktop slider application.

That was some hours ago, but when I look in any of the .zfs/snapshots
directories there has been no snapshot done.

Should I expect to see snapshots by now or is there something else I
have to do?

 zfs get all rpool|grep auto
rpool  com.sun:auto-snapshot           true                            local

ls -al /rpool/.zfs/snapshot/
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 2 2011-10-21 13:17 .
dr-xr-xr-x 4 root root 4 2011-10-17 14:16 ..