[OpenIndiana-discuss] printing sage part II

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Oct 24 00:15:48 UTC 2011

Thanks  I will try this tomorrow.  Been out in the field for the last week.

On 10/19/2011 4:30 PM, Paolo Marcheschi wrote:
> mm..
> Can you connect to the web interface ?
> check this :
> svcs -a | grep print |grep online
> online         13:36:16 svc:/application/print/ppd-cache-update:default
> online         13:36:19 svc:/application/print/service-selector:default
>
> also check your /var/log/cups/ folder for some error, be sure to be root
> when executing commands, in order to do so execute:
> su -
>
> check which system is active:
> root at opensolaris:~# print-service -q active
> active print service: cups
>

> Paolo
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Daniel Kjar<dkjar at elmira.edu>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your suggestions!
>>
>> When I try "cupsctl PrintcapFormat=BSD " i get
>>
>> cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: Error 0
>>
>> online         10:15:34 svc:/application/cups/**scheduler:default
>> online         10:15:34 svc:/application/cups/in-lpd:**default
>>
>> Any ideas?

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson