[OpenIndiana-discuss] e2fsprogs header file bug

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Oct 28 14:26:08 UTC 2011

On 10/28/11 03:45, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
> Good day.
>
> In which bug tracker I must create a bug report for this issue?
>
> (Cite from: http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45491)
>
> The problem is that on OI-151 EXT2_IOC_GETFLAGS is defined as
>

> _IOR('f', 1, long)
>

> where _IOR is defined in drm/drm.h which is not included.

drm.h defines it only as a compatibility workaround for the drm ioctl
definitions from other platforms that use it - it's not intended to be
used for anything else, and certainly wouldn't help in this case, since
if the kernel & userland don't have a working common definition of the
ioctl, then the ioctl effectively doesn't exist.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com