[OpenIndiana-discuss] Isolating networks for zones

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:27:04 UTC 2011

On 10/30/2011 02:27 AM, Jeppe Toustrup wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 23:30, carlopmart<carlopmart at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   I have installed oi zone under a oi_151a host to provide dns caching
>> services. All works ok now, except network isolation. Running snoop on
>> non-global zone I can see all traffic of all networks where global zone
>> connects. For example:
>
> How is the vnic configured? (dladm show-vnic)
>
> You might want to set the global zone up as a router which route
> traffic from it's external interface to an etherstub (virtual switch)
> which the vnic then is connected to. Then you shouldn't be able to
> sniff network traffic from the external network on the zone.
>
> --
> Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
> Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)

Thanks Jeppe. I don't have configured a etherstub. current config is:

root at oihost:~# dladm show-vnic
LINK         OVER         SPEED  MACADDRESS        MACADDRTYPE         VID
dmzlan0      e1000g1      1000   2:8:20:dc:48:d9   random              0

and dladm show-phys:

root at oihost:~# dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
e1000g0      Ethernet             up         1000   full      e1000g0
e1000g1      Ethernet             up         1000   full      e1000g1
e1000g2      Ethernet             unknown    0      half      e1000g2

But one question: how can I associate certail physical interface to a
etherstub?? Do I need to create a bridge with only one interface??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com