[OpenIndiana-discuss] Isolating networks for zones

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Mon Oct 31 12:32:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 22:59, carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Jeppe. I am reconfiguring this zone to use ip-type=shared
> instead of exlusive. My zone config is:

> But when I try to boot this new zone, console returns me this error:
>
> "WARNING: skipping network interface 'e1000g1' which may not be
> present/plumbed in the global zone."
>
> Do I need to "ifconfig up" this physical interface before zone boots??

I don't think it necessarily needs to be up, but it needs to be
plumbed in the global zone. You can do this automatically by just
having an empty file located at /etc/hostname.e1000g1, as long as you
are not using NWAM to do the network configuration.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)