[OpenIndiana-discuss] fault-tolerant distributed file systems

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Mon Oct 31 21:04:51 UTC 2011

I am looking for a fault-tolerant distributed file system to store
medium sized files (150MB-4GB) which can scale across 100s of servers
and keep N replicas of each file.

MooseFS looks interesting, but I don't like the single point of
failure of the master server.  The development on that project seems
to have stagnated a bit as well, though the forums are active.  It
does to replication logs to other servers, but I need to build an HA
active/passive cluster.  It seems there isn't anything on OI right now
that can do clustering.

GlusterFS does not have an OI client (just server support).

What else are people using?

thanks,

Geoff