[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot archive repair oi-151

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Sep 6 11:31:12 UTC 2011

I've been getting boot-archive timeout messages upon boot.  I figured
that I needed to update the boot archive manually. When I do, I get the
following:

# bootadm update-archive -v
cannot find: /etc/cluster/nodeid: No such file or directory
cannot find: /etc/devices/mdi_ib_cache: No such file or directory
cannot find: /etc/devices/retire_store: No such file or directory

Is this something to worry about?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm just
making sure.

I used "init 6" to shut down the machine. This should update the boot
archive if needed right?

Gary