[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to replace a motherboard without reinstalling OpenIndiana

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Sat Sep 10 16:15:02 UTC 2011

I have not yet swapped the motherboard but I will give that a try,
thanks for the suggestion! I checked the man pages for 'boot' and
interestingly I could not find anything on the '-r' flag. I hope that OI
has improved in this area since b134 of Opensolaris and is more
'forgiving' with the hardware swap.

But in the event of a freeze during boot, how can I temporarily force OI
to boot into a minimalized mode (without probing for hardware;
single-user mode?) so that I can issue said 'boot -r' command?