[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to replace a motherboard without reinstalling OpenIndiana

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 12:55:10 UTC 2011

> I'm not sure why all these steps would be necessary as they should be taken
> care of automatically when forcing a "reconfigure" in first place.
> Thanks for your post!

First there is no reason to repeat the steps. And no reconfigure does not
work.In fact, the system will not be able to boot. If you motherboard has
AHCI support but you have selected IDE, then change this in your BIOS,
reconfigure and try to boot. Your system will fail to boot. I have seen
this with OI 148. I am not sure but I believe the problem is file
/etc/path_to_inst.

Regards,

A.S.