[OpenIndiana-discuss] 200TB managed by OpenIndiana + ZFS

Fabio Martinelli fabio.martinelli at psi.ch
Mon Sep 12 13:10:28 UTC 2011

Hello

I need to buy a new 200TB raw storage system with 3TB disks and my usual
Supermicro salesman told me that many customers are using OpenIndiana
with ZFS;
this was a good new for me because I didn't know OpenIndiana but we're
use to use Solaris and ZFS.

I'd like to know if someone has experiences to report about an
active/active SAS controller solution managed by OpenIndiana; basically
I'd like to replicate an architecture like this
http://www.dataonstorage.com/images/PDF/Solutions/NX2K/NexentaStor%20Storage%20Solutions_6G%20Unified%20Storage%20NX%202280-S2.pdf
but without buying the NexentaStor license.

many thanks for your remarks,
kind regards
Fabio Martinelli