[OpenIndiana-discuss] 200TB managed by OpenIndiana + ZFS

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Sep 12 15:03:21 UTC 2011

Hi

This is a rather simple setup with one quad-port SAS cable to each backplane (using SC847E16 chassises, one for server+disks, one only for disks). We're currently using LSI 3801/3081 controllers, but are replacing them with 9200-8e/8211-8i to get better mapping device name to physical disk (and with the sas2ircu wrapper in http://the-key.enix.org/~krystal/diskmap.py, life gets a bit more easier, thanks to <krystal> @ #openindiana @ irc.freenode.net). The motherboard used for these and similar servers, is X8DTH-IF. We have both servers connected to a SuperMicro SSE-G24-TG4 switch on 10Gbps, and then a trunked (dmz+private) 10Gbps fiber link to our main datacentre.

roy