[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can't install Vbox on oi_148

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Sun Sep 18 07:19:12 UTC 2011

Well, oi151a works better than oi_148 in my experience, and neither are
considered to be stable releases: they are development releases.

And developers are not inclined much to pay attention to problems
reported for old development releases, because the developers have moved
on. One of the meanings of "development release" is that no hint was
ever given that there was ever any intention of supporting it. The whole
point of a development release is to get the bugs out of it so that a
stable release can come out. And the best way for that to work is for
everyone to work as a team and to be at the latest development release.