[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB wireless network...

Jake Young jak3kaj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 03:58:24 UTC 2011

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've got OI 151 installed on a laptop, but no NIC or wireless drivers.
> >
> > I want to purchase a USB wireless... and saw a mention of linksys
> > wusbf54g,
> > but that device is pretty obsolete at this point.
> >
> > Anyone have a recommendation for a more current model that will have a
> > driver?
>
> I have a LinkSys WUSB54GC that works out of the box on a new installation
> of oi-151.
>
> It's not exactly recent, but I think any of the Linksys AExxxx should work.
>
> I haven't had any luck with a Linksys AE1000.  There is no driver built
into oi-151a for it.

I've tried the "run" driver which seems to be pretty close to working.

See http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/

I recompiled version 0.8.5 and installed it.

Added my driver alias:
update_drv -a -i '"usb13b1,2f"' run

... but the microcode fails to load when I plug in the usb stick.

I have been meaning to contact the driver author Masa, to see if we can
figure it out, but I've been too busy.

Jake